Sunday, December 13, 2009

young super star speaks about Valiban




Let’s not get judgmental; let’s forget the Vallavan debacle; let’s set aside the notorious name that he earned after Manmadhan. Let’s only remember that with each of his directorial ventures, Simbu has tried to break a mould. While directed by others, he sticks to the Mass Formula; in his own movies, he loves to explore new territory. And now, he insists Valiban will follow suit.
“Every one experiences the pangs of a one-sided romance at some point in his or her life. The same happened to me. Inspired by the romance and the girl, I have come up with the story for Valiban. I dedicate this movie to her,” explains the publicity material of Valiban that was released just today. Directed by Simbu, the movie is to be produced by S.S. Chakravarthy of Nic Arts. Another important revelation from the publicity is the change in Simbu’s title – he is referred to as Young Super Star as opposed to Little Super Star. Does that signal a sense of maturity? “I’ve been picking scripts simply on the basis of whether I will be able to do the role offered, not thinking about how every role I do impacts my career. But henceforth, I have decided to be more choosey with my scripts,” said the actor, when he met up with Shakthi Girish, Editor, Galatta Cinema. Obviously, he has outgrown the stereotyped roles, and Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya is the first step. Coming to Valiban, he reiterated what the publicity materials says, adding, “I wrote and composed a song for that girl. That song will feature in Valiban!” And then he made a solemn promise to let Galatta be the first one to hear it! Keep logging on Galatta, because when we hear the number, we’re sure to share it with you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment